We have found this ingenious idea for healthy pancakes that children will absolutely love.
Blending a handful of spinach in with your pancake mix not only turns them green but adds a boost of green goodness, and all mothers know how difficult this can be!
There are many things we love about these pancakes – the colour is incredible, and they can be altered to gluten, dairy and egg-free.
Or make them for a healthy protein-filled breakfast, keeping your kids filled up until lunch!
Ingredients: Makes 8 pancakes
- Your choice of oil (we like coconut)
- 3 balls of chopped frozen spinach (you can make your own by chopping the leaves of spinach into bits and freezing them with a little water in ice cube trays. Frozen spinach whenever you need it).
- 1 medium banana
- 45g porridge oats
- 30ml milk (cow’s milk or whatever type of milk you want)
- 1 egg
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1tsp baking powder
- 40g self-raising flour (gluten-free if required)
- Blueberries, yoghurt & honey (optional)
The recipe is quick and easy
Blend all the ingredients using a Nutribullet or food processor (it will give you a smooth consistency and a vibrant green colour, but don’t worry if you don’t have one, the mix can be hand whisked.)
Then cook in a frying pan.
Incredible Hulk power at the ready!