A healthy and super tasty alternative to Chicken Nuggets!
Cornflakes are a great store cupboard ingredient for coating meat and fish – and because these nuggets are baked, they’re lower in fat than if battered and fried.
Remember – Make sure you wash your hands with soapy water afterwards!
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 medium free-range egg, beaten
- 100g of cornflakes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 500g boneless, skinless free-range chicken breasts, cut into 2x4cm pieces
- Preheat the oven to 200.C/gas mark 6. Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Put the flour onto one large plate and the egg in a shallow bowl. Place the cornflakes in a separate bowl and crush lightly with the back of a spoon. Don’t crush them too much or they won’t have any texture. Stir in the paprika and Parmesan.
- Dip the chicken pieces first into the flour, then egg and then the cornflake mixture. Place onto the lined baking tray. Bake for 10–12 minutes.
- Add the chicken, stir-fry vegetables and noodles, bring to the boil and simmer for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the spring onions, coriander and lime wedges and drizzle with the remaining soy sauce.
- Serve up!
You can freeze the burgers uncooked and then bake them from frozen. This will take about 45 minutes for baking at 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
Variations to try: carrots or sweet potato with chickpeas, cumin and sesame seeds; carrot with butterbeans and chopped parsley; squash with kidney beans, chopped coriander and ground cumin; parsnips and borlotti beans with chives and paprika.